Friday 26 September 2014

It's all in a name...

I always wanted to write a blog on my journey so I could keep a record of this amazing experience and also for our family and friends so they could see what was going on and be with us through it all.  The one thing though I couldn’t figure out was what to call it.....

I wanted something a bit different so the choices came down to:-

  • Born to Drink Bubbles (if you know me well you will understand!)
  • An Australian Girl in Moscow (a pun on the last episodes of Sex and the City, “An American Girl in Paris” – again if you know me.....)
  • Be Strong, Be Brave, Be You!
Over the past 6 months I’ve had lots of beautiful comments on my Facebook posts but one stuck with me.  It was from my cousin, Mark, and was in reference to a hat that my lovely Aunty Hazel had embroidered for me.  It said “Will keep u warm and thinking about all those who love you as u head on this journey... Be strong, be brave, be you!!!!”

After consultation the day before leaving with my sister in law, Trudy, and my husband, Paul it became clear that “Be Strong, Be Brave, Be You” was the winner!  (thanks Mark xx)

So my thinking went a bit like this..... 

I can Be Strong and I’m pretty sure I am.  I have to be otherwise I’d just crumble and let this disease consume me which, let me tell you, would be pretty easy to do, but I can’t do that I’ve got a job to do and that’s raise my beautiful children and be the best mother and wife that I can be..  I owe it to Paul, Isabelle and Sebastien.

I can Be Brave and I think I am, everyone keeps telling me that I’m so brave going to Russia which makes me feel so good about myself and what I am doing. 

Be You, well that is the hard part...  I want to be me but it’s hard when you have something stopping you Be You.  If I was to be me I’d be dancing around the house with the kids, jumping on the trampoline, walking my dogs, playing in the park, running with my husband (I know that might not sound like me but I had started to about 2 years ago and i would love to again!)..  I know these things may only seem like the physical but they move onto so much more that can stop you Being You! 

You don’t know what you have until it’s gone...

You don’t appreciate what you have until it’s gone...

If you can move I say move, If you can run I say run, If you can dance I say dance and IF YOU CAN WEAR HIGH HEELS THEN YOU SHOULD WEAR HIGH HEELS !!  (I know in the grand scheme of things High Heels don't seem that important but it's just another thing taken away that you wish you could..)

(Note:-  This may seems strange but I may quote Sex and the City every now and again.  Now they are obviously not profound and have nothing to do with MS, disease, getting healthy but they make me laugh and laugh and I just love that and that’s got to be the best medicine!!)

3 comments:

  1. You've given me goosebumps, Nat. Amazing first blog, I love it - and I love you!!! Go you good thing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling the love from here xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad will try later on. Love you. Will try and FaceTime before you go into,hospital.❤️

    ReplyDelete